Shemeka Brathwaite, MSED is a peak performance strategist, keynote speaker, and coach. She is often invited by organizations, associations, and educational institutions to provide inspiring programs on productivity, leadership, and executive presence. Her immersive training programs help professionals learn how to implement new systems that streamline the demands on one’s time, so they can achieve more at work, increase their influence, and live intentionally.
In the current economic atmosphere, you may be wondering if you’ll have a job next week. Add to that the normal daily pressures of work and you’re likely to be in a bit of a slump.
You and your colleagues may be unmotivated and unproductive, but there are things you can do to boost morale in your workplace and see everyone’s productivity soar!
Try these techniques to bring more motivation to your workplace:
1. Get to know your colleagues. Perhaps you don’t really know your coworkers! Do you know them on a personal level or just as professionals? When you make an effort to learn more about them, you may discover what motivates them. It also makes them feel valued.
2. Recognize personal and professional accomplishments. You might be surprised how a coworker is motivated when they know their team acknowledges and rewards the work they’ve done.
3. Take them out to lunch. You don’t have to leave the office if time is short; instead, order pizza or have lunch catered every so often. They’ll be able to relax and enjoy their work environment more when given a chance to socialize.
4. Give them a voice. Create a satisfaction survey. These may even be done anonymously. Be sure to address any perceived problems quickly and thoroughly for the best results.
5. Offer financial rewards. Everyone likes to get a little extra in his or her paycheck from time to time. Perhaps there’s a way to incorporate a performance bonus to boost morale.
When morale and productivity begin to wane, it’s important to let your employees know you value them. Sure, they get paid for the work they do every week, but sometimes they need a little pick-me-up.
Rewards don’t have to be elaborate or expensive. A little bit of recognition can go a long way to improving the atmosphere in your workplace.
Give them the respect they deserve. Use these ways of boosting morale in the workplace and before you know it, your employees will have smiles on their faces and motivation on their mind!
Terms of Service
© 2023 Shemeka Brathwaite Enterprises, LLC
Greater NYC Area